Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Little Girls




I'm back from my trip up to the Gold Coast with my hubby. It's the first time we've been away from the girls for two nights and usually I would have been fine with that. However, a couple of days before we were due to fly, both girls came down with middle ear infections and were sick little puppies for a few days there. I made the decision at the last minute whether to actually go or not as Lani was not very well at all. In the end with the persuasion of hubby and my mother-in-law we headed off to the airport. It was surprisingly hard to leave my little one knowing I couldn't give her the cuddles she needed ... but she was staying in the capable hands of my m-in-law so I needn't have worried one bit.

It was so good for Ant and I to spend some 'us' time together and equally for the girls to spend time with their grandparents. By day three though I missed them terribly and couldn't wait to see their sweet little faces when I walked through the door. (That's my favourite part of dropping off the girls at daycare...the moment when they look up from the activity they are engrossed in and you see their faces light up and they come running over for a big bear hug ... just divine isn't it?)


You have probably guessed by now that I love children's spaces and have another winter project that I would love to get stuck into soon...


 
This tent is the cutest and I can just picture the girls having a little tea party inside come spring.

Image found here

x

No comments: